Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
1. TermsBy accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, applicable laws and regulations and their compliance. If you disagree with any of the stated terms and conditions, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this site are secured by relevant copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use LicensePermission is allowed to temporarily download one duplicate of the materials (data or programming) on Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s site for individual and non-business use only. This is the just a permit of license and not an exchange of title, and under this permit you may not:modify or copy the materials;use the materials for any commercial use , or for any public presentation (business or non-business);attempt to decompile or rebuild any product or material contained on Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s site;remove any copyright or other restrictive documentations from the materials; ortransfer the materials to someone else or even "mirror" the materials on other server.This permit might consequently be terminated if you disregard any of these confinements and may be ended by Andrew B Morris, Inc. whenever deemed. After permit termination or when your viewing permit is terminated, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your ownership whether in electronic or printed form.3. DisclaimerThe materials on Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s site are given "as is". Andrew B Morris, Inc. makes no guarantees, communicated or suggested, and thus renounces and nullifies every single other warranties, including without impediment, inferred guarantees or states of merchantability, fitness for a specific reason, or non-encroachment of licensed property or other infringement of rights. Further, Andrew B Morris, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the precision, likely results, or unwavering quality of the utilization of the materials on its Internet site or generally identifying with such materials or on any destinations connected to this website.4. ConstraintsIn no occasion should Andrew B Morris, Inc. or its suppliers subject for any harms (counting, without constraint, harms for loss of information or benefit, or because of business interference,) emerging out of the utilization or powerlessness to utilize the materials on Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s Internet webpage, regardless of the possibility that Andrew B Morris, Inc. or a Andrew B Morris, Inc. approved agent has been told orally or in written of the likelihood of such harm. Since a few purviews don't permit constraints on inferred guarantees, or impediments of obligation for weighty or coincidental harms, these confinements may not make a difference to you.
5. Amendments and ErrataThe materials showing up on Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s site could incorporate typographical, or photographic mistakes. Andrew B Morris, Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its site are exact, finished, or current. Andrew B Morris, Inc. may roll out improvements to the materials contained on its site whenever without notification. Andrew B Morris, Inc. does not, then again, make any dedication to update the materials.
6. LinksAndrew B Morris, Inc. has not checked on the majority of the websites or links connected to its website and is not in charge of the substance of any such connected webpage. The incorporation of any connection does not infer support by Andrew B Morris, Inc. of the site. Utilization of any such connected site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing LawAny case identifying with Andrew B Morris, Inc.'s site should be administered by the laws of the country of U.S.A. Andrew B Morris, Inc. State without respect to its contention of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.We will gather and utilization of individual data singularly with the target of satisfying those reasons indicated by us and for other good purposes, unless we get the assent of the individual concerned or as required by law.We will just hold individual data the length of essential for the satisfaction of those reasons.We will gather individual data by legal and reasonable means and, where fitting, with the information or assent of the individual concerned.Personal information ought to be important to the reasons for which it is to be utilized, and, to the degree essential for those reasons, ought to be exact, finished, and updated.We will protect individual data by security shields against misfortune or burglary, and also unapproved access, divulgence, duplicating, use or alteration.We will promptly provide customers with access to our policies and procedures for the administration of individual data.We are focused on leading our business as per these standards with a specific end goal to guarantee that the privacy of individual data is secure and maintained.
Andrew B. Morris, Inc. is incorporated in Travis County, Texas, U.S.A.
BEST CAD WORKSTATIONS
Learn how to configure the ultimate CAD workstation
Why choose a CAD workstation from a custom manufacturer rather than buy one from a volume PC company?
Performance is a main consideration. Here's a perspective on optimizing for AutoCAD from BOXX Technologies:
Off-the-shelf computer workstations sold by multi-national commodity builders are not optimized for CAD and contrary to what you may have been told by a Dell or HP sales representative, CAD applications do not benefit from multiple CPU cores for design and modeling tasks. CAD applications are predominantly "single threaded" which means that unless you are doing a substantial amount of rendering or simulation (or other multi-threaded tasks) your design software is simply not capable of using the full resources of multi-processor workstations.
It’s quite simple, really. If your workstation is not optimized for single-threaded performance, you’re paying for processor cores you don’t need and won’t use, as well as missing out on peak performance that will keep you waiting instead of creating.
Orbital Computers echoes the same processor approach to CAD:
All our Intel based desktop workstations support Hyper-Threading Technology, which doubles the number of logical CPU cores, leading to drastically improved performance for common multithreaded CAD and video editing functions such as rendering, simulation, and extensive multi-tasking. Many CAD program functions are largely single-threaded, benefiting from the high operating-frequency of our Intel Core i7 and Extreme series processors, while video editing functions tend to benefit from more CPU cores and threads. We carefully select the Intel processors used in our powerful CAD computers to maximize both single and multithreaded performance by striking a fair balance between high operating frequency and multi-core configurations.
And this is the latest BOXX Technologies guidance on RAM and video cards:
16GB is common for AutoCAD users, however, a trend toward higher memory configurations for those working with more detailed CAD assets is becoming more commonplace.
Regarding system memory, you want to be sure you have more than enough to handle your largest AutoCAD assets. You can check the amount of RAM your system utilizes by opening the Windows Task Manager and clicking on the Performance tab. You’ll want to avoid maxing out memory usage as this leads to paging which will slow down your system.
For AutoCAD 2015, we suggest an NVIDIA Quadro graphics card. A common misconception is that you need the most powerful display card to run CAD applications. This is not the case. The main bottleneck in your design workflow will almost always be the frequency of the CPU. If you want to improve display performance, your money is better spent on a high frequency CPU rather than a high end graphics card.
Because of this, we recommend a Quadro K1200 or Quadro K2200 for most users.
What are some of the top commercial CAD packages?
What about open-source and/or free CAD software?
Which topics are the most commonly searched related to CAD workstations?
CAD Workstation Build Videos
Take a look and enjoy!
Build a Workstation PC
Build a $3500 Dual Xeon workstation using these guidelines.
SolidWorks CAD Workstation Build
Watch a SolidWorks Intel i7 4790K workstation build!
A $500 CAD Computer
On the lighter side, this computer could serve for certain applications.
Super Production Workstation PC
A sentence or two describing this item.
The following are some resources for CAD, a blend of software and hardware that enables engineers and architects to design everything from airplanes to furniture. In addition to the software, CAD systems require a high-quality graphics monitor; a mouse, light pen, or digitizing tablet for drawing; and a special printer or plotter for printing design specifications. CAD systems allow an engineer to view a design from any angle with the push of a button and to zoom in or out for close-ups and long-distance views. In addition, the computer keeps track of design dependencies so that when the engineer changes one value, all other values that depend on it are automatically changed accordingly.
It may seem surprising today, but until the mid 1980s all CAD systems were specially constructed computers. Now, you can buy CAD software that runs on general-purpose workstations and personal computers. However, to achieve the best performance most buyers will benefit from specialized high-performance workstations.
Thoughts and rumination on getting the most out of custom workstations, laptops and other PCs.